PLUTO – Multiple Explorations
This programme is for schools that would like to assess different groups to gather a better understanding of the nature of the same issues in different settings.
Levels of Intervention: from 1 to 5
Sessions: 6 (3 direct work, 3 admin) +2 sessions for each additional group
Time-Frame: within 3 months
Case Example – SOCIAL INCLUSION
The SENCo is concerned about the fact that the Year 6 students in the SEN register seem to experience social difficulties, especially at breaks and lunch time; the teachers describing them as ‘isolated’ and not able to create ‘positive friendships’.
Aims of the Programme:
To assess groups’ dynamics in different classrooms and identify possible social difficulties.
Organisation of the Welcome Programme:
1) School got in contact by email briefly describing the nature of concerns;
2) First consultation + theme identification, e.g. ‘SEN students often out of class’;
3) Agreement on assessing classes dynamics and generate relevant recommendations;
4) Classrooms observation + meetings with staff at school + training for web platform + implementing online questionnaires;
5) Written reports of the activity + feedback meetings with staff.
What is provided:
- At least three direct sessions (half day each) at school, increased depending on the amount of groups to be assessed;
- Access to the Web Platform for all identified classrooms;
- Comprehensive report of the activity, personalised for each group assessed.