MARS – Single Exploration
This programme is for schools that would like to assess a specific group to gather a better understanding of the nature of the presented issues.
Levels of Intervention: from 1 to 5
Sessions: 6 (3 direct work, 3 admin)
Time-Frame: within 2 months
Case Example – STUDENT VOICE
The school is concerned about a group of students in class X, who are very silent and do not participate in group discussions; recently parents have also been complaining that some of them at home often talk about ‘not willing to come to school’.
Aims of the Programme:
To take in account students’ voices & improving levels of participation in the classroom.
Organisation of the Welcome Programme:
1) School got in contact by email briefly describing the nature of concerns;
2) First consultation + identification of theme, e.g. ‘influence of gender on students’ voice’;
3) Agreement on assessing class dynamics and generate relevant recommendations;
4) Classroom observation + meeting with staff at school + training for web platform + implementing online questionnaires;
5) Written report of the activity + feedback meeting with staff.
What is provided:
- Three direct sessions (half day each) at school with at least 1 member of the team;
- Access to the Web Platform for the entire classroom, e.g. online questionnaires;
- Comprehensive report of the activity.